Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday 3 March 2011

Self Sabotage...

Even though as I typed my last post I was sure I would leave my binge eating to one side but it didn't work out this way – and I think this morning I have worked out why.......

I knew I wasn't getting weighed this week so I lost all focus

So simple and straight forward but also slightly pathetic I feel. If I can't keep control for one week without getting weighed how am I going to cope when I finally get to goal and start maintenance?! Guess that's a bridge I need to cross when I get there (to be honest focusing on getting to goal is hard enough!).

So, last week I get an email from some of the girls I worked with at my old job and the only night we could all make was Wednesday (last night). At the time I thought “I'll be fine, I usually have a treat after WI anyway so this will just be the same just without the WW meeting first”. Then work stress lead me to have chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate and I just lost it (and my skin is showing me why I cannot eat like this long term, an outbreak of spots is not nice and can snap a girl out of it!) Turns out our meal out last night was very mellow and between the 4 of us we only had 2 jugs of sangria and loads of food left over (We had a set menu, forgot it came with paella as it turned up 15 mins after the other food so I even took most of the paella home with me for Stew to have for his lunch today as it seemed such a waste to leave it!).

All in all today is my first day back on plan. I feel focused, I feel motivated and I also have today and tomorrow off work (new bed and exercise bike being delivered today – woop) which means I will not be tempted to have any sweets, cakes or biscuits which may appear in the office kitchen over the next few days!

As well as the exercise bike (which is actually Stew's but I'm going to try and steal it a few times a week!) my copy of '30 day shred' turned up yesterday – I have seen so many people rave about this on the WW message boards that I just have to give it a go. Usually I'm not a fitness DVD kind of girl but I do love Jillian on The Biggest Loser USA and 20 mins a day can't be that difficult..... watch this space! 


No comments:

Post a Comment