Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday 25 September 2011

I'm back.....

Long time no blogging - it is safe to say I have had a hectic few months hence the lack of posting but that is no excuse for my bad eating habits which have taken over again, so I have decided that I need to take control back and sort it out! 

So in the last few months since I posted the following has taken place:
  • I have quit weight watchers - I really wasn't getting anywhere and I really didn't like the way I was feeling in respect of it, every time I put on a bit of weight I went off the rails and it was taking me a long time to get back on again, it was a cycle which wasn't doing my sanity any good at all!  So I decided to take a break from it, take the stress off, save some money which I seemed to be wasting on meetings and try to just eat healthy - I have joined My Fitness Pal so I can monitor and record what I eat and the cals, fat, etc and also record any exercise which I manage to do. 
  • I had a major bad time at work and decided to start looking for another job - however while my attention was focused on looking for another job things took a turn for the better at work, a big project came my way (which I loved being part of) and the product is being launched in the next few weeks.  It has been stressful but in a good way and hopefully the next few months will continue to be busy in the same good way :o)  However, me and stress equals a lot of chocolate, and no matter what I do to try and stop myself eating it I still attack it.  I'm hoping my return to posting will help stop this.... fingers crossed!
  • We moved!  We had a bad few months at the beginning of the year with our old landlady and it ended with her serving us notice, so we decided to move closer to Stew's work and have ended up in a lovely flat in Worcester Park, Surrey.  The move took place in August and the run up to it was stressful but we survived!  Its a major change from Catford (South East London), but a nice area and an easy commute for me to get to the City each day for work.  Plus its not too far away from my family (although its not a 5 minute walk anymore!)
So these are the major things which have happened to me during my break.  And although I have been trying to eat healthy for the last month or so I haven't lost any weight (but I also haven't put any on).  But with the work stress and the moving stress in June, July and August I did end up putting on around half a stone (last time I looked I was 12st 8lbs) - this is not good!!  So I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning before work, record it on here and start recording my food diary as well in an attempt to keep me on track, make me accountable again and help me make some better choices with my food.  Thinking about it now, this week probably isn't the best of weeks as we have a busy weekend coming up but if I can stay on track for the main part of the week then that's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment