Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday 18 February 2011

Butternut Squash Lunch for only 2PP!

I saw on the WW message boards a couple of weeks ago that someone had done a stuffed butternut squash and the only thing you need to point is the cheese on top!  So as I have been off work today I thought I would give it a go - here is how it went:

Cut the butternut squash in half length ways, scoop out the seeds, spray a couple of sprays of frylight (not necessary - I only used 1 spray, from a height!), put on a baking tray and roast for about 30-40 mins (until soft):




Before you take the butternut squash out of the oven chop up some 0pp veg (I opted for some onion, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms) and heated through on the hob (I didn't use any oil, just kept stirring):




Take the squash out of the oven, scoop out the flesh and mash it together with the veg and then place it all back into shell of the squash:




I then added some cheese - mine worked out as 2pp as it was a pre-sliced packet from Aldi (gouda cheese):




Put the tray back in the oven for 20 mins, remove, plate up and enjoy!




I have to say it was lush!  And filling which is great :o) 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this looks really nice I'll have to try this next week when I'm off work as my other half wouldn't eat it. Looks great for lunch. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete